Everyone knows that living with a toddler isn’t all fun and games. In fact, I’ve spent a fair amount of time whining about the fact that it’s NO fun and games.
Today I’m going to let you in on a little secret: it’s SOME fun and games.
A lot of it is stressful and loud and crowded and dirty, but the good parts make it all worth it. So, no: living with a toddler is NOT like being in prison (except when it is). It’s actually more like going to an amusement park.
Allow me to explain…
Thirteen Ways Living with a Toddler is Like Going to an Amusement Park
- You’ve never been more sticky
- Everything around you is loud and brightly colored
- Your company has four moods: hyper, perky, hyper-perky, and screaming
- People are constantly asking for things they can’t have
- It costs a fortune
- You really want a leash but it seems inappropriate
- A good 45% to 65% of your day involves taking pictures
- The music. DEAR GOD SOMEONE STOP THE MUSIC.
- You really want a drink but it seems inappropriate
- You’re surrounded by stuffed animals, some of which can talk, some of which are terrifying
- There’s a better-than-average chance someone is going to throw-up
- You’re always amazed more people don’t get seriously injured
- At the end of the day, your feet are killing you from walking, your back is killing you from carrying things/people, and your mouth is killing you from smiling.